It’s a nice choice for Chinese New Year.
- Prepare abalones, wash them clean and dry with kitchen towel. Soak Chinese shiitake mushrooms in water (the dry type). Then remove the stem. Keep the mushroom water. Except shiitake mushroom, I also use another kind of mushroom. But only shiitake also works.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Sear 1 small chunk of pork belly. When the pork belly turns a bit golden brown. Add in 2 chopped garlic cloves. Stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in all the mushrooms. Fry a bit.
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, and 1 tbsp oyster sauce. Mix evenly with mushroom.
- Pour in mushroom water, about 1/2 1 cup and 1/2 cup stock. bring to boil with high heat.
- Transfer everything into pressure cooker. Also add in abalones.
- Cook 20 mins under high pressure.
- Cut broccoli into small chunks. Blanch in water for 3 mins.
- Arrange broccoli in the plate.
- Place abalone and mushrooms in the center.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce pan. Add in 1 tbsp sugar. heat it and stir.
- Add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over the abalones and mushrooms.
Actually I cooked half soy sauce chicken. It’s quite simple and can be done by rice cooker.
- Put the half chicken (approx. 300-400g) in a big bowl. Sprinkle a little oil and light soy sauce. Massage the chicken to let the oil and soy sauce evenly spread. Let it marinate for 30 mins.
- Brush oil to the bottom of rice cooker. Put in 3 or 4 ginger slices, 1 or 2 stalk of green onion. Chicken on ginger and green onion.
- Pour in 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup light soy sauce, 2 tsp dark soy sauce, and 2 tsp sugar.
- Cover the lid, press cooking button. When it’s done, flip the chicken over. Cover the lid and press button again.
- When it’s done again, don’t open the lid immediately. Let it be tightly closed for another 10 mins. After that, it’s ready to serve.
For tamago yaki:
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Add in 1 tsp milk and 1 pinch salt. Blend well.
Heat a pan (I used the normal round shape pan not the square type). Brush a little oil. Pour 1/3 egg in. Gently stir with chopsticks. Push all the egg to one side of the pan. Pour in a little more egg. When it starts to solidify, Roll the egg from the previous egg side to the other. Repeat the step till finish all the egg.
Cool down and cut into slices.
To make my husband eat more vegetables, I added in some broccoli, cauliflower and cherry tomatoes.
He loved it and finished them all.
I roasted potato, cauliflower, carrot by oven before. I always wanted to try roasting different kinds of vegetables at one time. And I did it today.
- Preheat oven to 200 Degree C.
- Prepare vegetables. I chose potato, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, onion, baby corn, mushroom and cherry tomatoes.
- Wash them and cut. For potato, carrot, cauliflower and broccoli, they may need longer time to be cooked. So they must be in smaller size. While onion, baby corn, mushroom and cherry tomatoes. They should be in larger size.
- Cover the baking try with aluminum foil. Place vegetables over it. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and black pepper. I also spread some dried herbs. And add 2 cloves of garlic. Gently toss a bit.
Into the oven and bake for 10 mins.
Flip them over. and Lower heat to 180 Degree C. Bake for another 10-15 mins.
Very nice. You can have various kinds of vegetables at one time.
And I put them in my husband’s bento box. One thing I love about bento is that he can’t be picky about the food. If I prepare vegetable for him. He has to finish it.
1. Place a half chicken breast on a chopping board. Cover it with plastic wrap. Use a meat hammer to hit the chicken till it becomes a flat thin disc.
2. Prepare 1/4 head of a small broccoli. Cut into small pieces. Bleach in water for 2-3 mins. Put them in a blender and blend into coarse paste.
3. Pour the broccoli paste out. Season with salt and pepper. Also drizzle in a little olive oil.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of flatten chicken breast.
5. Spread broccoli paste onto it. Gently roll it from one end to another.
Use toothpick to fix it.
6. Also drizzle a little olive oil over the shocker breast roll.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. 15-20 mins.
It’s a healthy-looking dish. 🙂
- Cut broccoli into small parts. Blanch in water for 3 mins. Then soak in cold water and drain.
- Heat a pan. Add in some oil. Fry shiitake mushrooms. 2 mins each side.
- Add in 2 tablespoon stock or water (stock is better). Simmer for 4 or 5 mins or till cooked.
- Set mushroom aside. Heat a pan. A little oil in. saute chopped garlic. Then add in 1 tsp light soy sauce,1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon stock). Reduce the sauce a bit.
- Place broccoli and mushroom in a plate. pour the sauce over them.
So so easy.
I guess this is a very healthy dish. 🙂 Oh, I forgot, I also add some sausage in this dish. Let’s just pretend sausage is not there. 🙂
1. Cut broccoli into small pieces. Blanch in boiling water for 2 mins. Then drain them and set aside.
2. Cook linguine till almost cooked. Let’s say 1-2 mins less than required.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry shrimps till pinkish. Add in a little chopped garlic. Fry till aromatic.
4. Add in drained broccoli and 2 tablespoon stock. If you want your linguine taste creamy, you can also add in cream or cheese or both at this step. Stir evenly. Sprinkle mixed spices.
5. Add linguine in and simmer for 1-2 mins.
6. Season with salt and black pepper.
Prepare one head of broccoli, 4-6 Shiitake Mushrooms and 6-8 big scallops.
1. Cut broccoli into small flowers. Cut a cross on the Shiitake if you want.
2. Boil one pot of water. Add in 1 tsp salt. Blanch broccoli for 3 mins. Soak in cold water and drain them.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté mince garlic and ginger till aromatic.
4. Add in mushrooms, stir fry a bit.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 4 tablespoon water. Bring to boil and then turn to low heat and simmer for 5 mins.
6. Add in scallops. Bring to boil. Turn to low heat and simmer for 3 mins.
7. Make a circle with broccoli in the plate. Place mushroom and scallops on the top.
8. Keep heating the sauce till condensed. And pour sauce over the dish.
My husband wanted to have steak for dinner. So we went to supermarket to buy a ribeye steak and some sausage.
1. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the steak.
2. Heat skillet on stove. Add a little olive oil.
3. When the skillet is smoking hot, put the steak in. You will hear the sizzling.
4. For 2-3 mins, the down side will becom brownish. Turn over to fry the other side.
5. Cut in a little butter. Put in 2 cloves garlic and some thyme.
6. Use a spoon to pour melted butter over the steak. Let the steak stand to fry the edge.
Place the steak into a plate.
Use the same skillet ( no need to wash it) to fry sausage.
Serve with some boiled broccoli.
The steak is very tender and juicy.