- Cut egg tofu into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Roll tofu in potato starch.
- Heat a pan, add in oil. Fry tofu till the out layer becomes crispy and golden color. Then set them aside for later use.
- Heat the pan again. Add in 1/2 tsp oil. Saute 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir evenly.
- Dissolve 1 tsp starch in 1 tbsp water and add into the sauce.
- Add tofu into the sauce. Reduce the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Tag Archives: oyster sauce
Oyster Sauced Shiitake Mushroom & Broccoli
It’s a healthy-looking dish. 🙂
- Cut broccoli into small parts. Blanch in water for 3 mins. Then soak in cold water and drain.
- Heat a pan. Add in some oil. Fry shiitake mushrooms. 2 mins each side.
- Add in 2 tablespoon stock or water (stock is better). Simmer for 4 or 5 mins or till cooked.
- Set mushroom aside. Heat a pan. A little oil in. saute chopped garlic. Then add in 1 tsp light soy sauce,1 tsp oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon stock). Reduce the sauce a bit.
- Place broccoli and mushroom in a plate. pour the sauce over them.
So so easy.
Oyster Sauced Tofu
I still remember when I was very little, my family still lived in our first home. We moved several times after that one. At that time, there is a roasted goose shop (if I remember correctly) across the street. My father was very busy and he’s on business trip almost everyday. I could only see him when it’s Chinese New Year or less than 10 days in a year probably. Cos my memory about him was almost blank before I went to primary school (not because I was too little. I still keep the memory about other people, so…..) Later, he didn’t have to travel around to do business. He stayed in my hometown and opened a small factory. My mom became busy too. They worked together to run that factory.
I grew up with my sister. That’s why my sister and I are very close.
According to my vague memory, my father or mother used to cook tofu for us as breakfast when they had time and not rush to work. At that time, tofu sellers rode their bikes and went through the streets to sell their hot and freshly-made tofu. My parents would buy a small piece. Cut it into slices. Fry a bit with green chili. Season with salt. And that’s our very simple breakfast. Well, that’s the story came to my mind when I see tofu.
Back to my dish. Tofu is a very convenient food. It can be steamed, fried, boiled and roasted. This is a very simple dish to cook.
1. Cut tofu into medium slices. Fry them with a little oil in the pan till golden brown on both sides. After frying, tofu will be more hard and not easy to be broken during cook.
2. Heat the pan again. Sauté a little chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic.
3. Add in black fungus, stir fry for 2 mins.
4. Add in 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon water. Stir well.
5. Put fried tofu back in the pan. Simmer for 2 mins. Let the flavor in.
6. Reduce the sauce with high heat. Add in a little chopped green chili. Fry a bit.
7. Add in a little corn starch water. Stir fry evenly. Season with salt if you need.
Prepare a Christmas Feast with a King Crab
Yesterday when my husband and I were buying groceries in a supermarket, we noticed there was sale of king crab. Turkey is too big for us to have for Christmas, so a king crab sounds a good idea.
Today when I got up, the first thing I needed to do is to defreeze the king crab we bought. Then I disassembled it into several parts.
For the central body, I took the Shell off. Then picked the meat out. Heat a pan, melt a small piece of butter. Put the meat in. Sauté a bit. Add in 1 tablespoon flour. Quickly stir. Then add in 3-4 tablespoon milk. Stir slowly and evenly to let it reduce to white sauce. Put the crab meat white sauce into the shell. Sprinkle cheese. Put into oven ( 200 degree C, 8-10 mins) or till cheese melts.
Crab legs can be divided into three parts: thigh (fat end), middle parts and thin end parts.
For the fat thigh, I used them to cook spaghetti:
Heat a piece of butter in the pan. When melted, add in crab leg. Stir fry a bit. Then add in chopped garlic. Stir till aromatic. Pour in a little white wine. Simmer a little. Season with salt and black pepper. Add in chopped parsley and cooked spaghetti. Quickly stir evenly.
For the middle crab leg parts, I roast them with garlic butter. Put a small chunk of butter in a bowl. Add in chopped garlic, a little salt and pepper. Blend well. Cut half the shell off ( or even less). Then spread garlic butter onto meat. Put into oven. 180 degree C and 20 mins.
For the thin ends, I cut them into smaller pieces. Marinate with a little cooking wine and corn starch. Heat a little olive oil in the pan. Put the crab leg pieces in. Stir fry for 2-3 mins. Add in chopped ginger and spring onion. Quickly stir fry. Add in a little cooking wine, light soy sauce and oyster sauce. Quickly blend evenly and serve hot.
For the claws, I used them to cook light soup. Put crab claws, corn pieces, Chinese yam, mushroom, ginger shreds and spring onion pieces into a pot. Pour in 1 1/2 bowls of water. Turn to high heat. When water boils, put in salmon slices. Turn to middle heat and cook for 3 mins. Add in 1 tsp sweet cooking wine and salt. Cook for another minute.
And that’s it. Our Christmas feast made by a king crab.
Merry Christmas everyone!
White Gourd in Oyster Sauce
1. Cut peeled and cited white gourd into slices.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Put in some chopped garlic. Stir fry a bit.
3. Add in white gourd slices. Stir fry for a minute or two.
4. Add in 1 tsp oyster sauce and some salt. Stir fry evenly. Cover the pan with lid. And braise till white gourd softens and done.
5. Add in a little starchy water. And sprinkle some chopped spring onion.
Quick & Easy Stir-fry King Oyster Mushroom
This dish is very simple.
1. Tear king oyster mushroom into thin slices or you can just cut it.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Stir fry chopped garlic first. Then put mushroom in. A lot of water will come from mushroom while stir frying.
3. Add some oyster sauce, a little light soy sauce and a little dark soy sauce. Stir fry evenly. Stir fry till mushroom becomes dry and no more water in the pan. Then the dish is done.