This dish has a beautiful Chinese name, which is “He Tang Xiao Chao”. “He tang” means pond full of lotus, and “Xiao Chao” means stirfry. The dish is very colorful and pleasant to the eyes.
This dish requires many different vegetables. I always like lotus root, black fungus, snow peas, carrot and kernels.
1. Put lotus root slices and carrot slices in a deep pot. Pour in enough cold water and add in some salt. Turn on the stove.
2. When the water boils, add in trimmed snow peas. Boil for another 2-3 mins.
3. At last, add in black fungus and kernels. Boil for another 1 min.
4. Rinse all the vegetables and drain.
5. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté chopped garlic.
6. Put all the drained vegetables in the pan. Stir fry for 2-3 mins.
7. Sprinkle salt and stir fry for another minute. Then ready to serve.
Mushroom (put in boiling water for 2 mins. Take out. Drain and squeeze the water out)
Frozen corn kernel ( put in the boiling water for 1 min. Take out. Drain and squeeze the water out)
Bell pepper ( chopped into small pieces)
For the pizza dough, please check:
For the pizza sauce, please check:
1. Poke the pizza dough with a fork for several times.
2. Brush pizza dough with creamy pizza sauce.
3. Sprinkle corn kernels and mushroom. Then spread bell pepper on them.
4. Sprinkle some black pepper.
5. Spread cheese on the top.
6. Preheat oven to 230 degree C. Bake for 10 mins.
Flour 3 tsp
Frozen corn kernels (as much as you like)
Cream 3 tsp
1. Heat butter in the pan. When it’s melted, add in flour. Quick cream flour with butter.
2. Add in onion and corn kernels. Stir fry a bit. Pour in water covers all ingredients. Simmer for around 10 mins. (I also add in several shrimps.)
3. Add in cream and stir well. Season with salt and black pepper.
It’s a ideal bread dip.
For the bread recipe: