When I was in high school, this honey bun was very popular. I remember that we needed to start our morning lesson at about 6:30 AM. We studied for about 1 hr by ourselves. Then at 7 AM, we had 1 hour to rest and have breakfast. Actually 1 hour isn’t enough for most of the students to finish their breakfast before 8 AM, since there were so many lining in the school canteen. So to save more time, some students chose to buy bread in the store instead, which is very convenient. My friends and I usually bought this honey buns. The best part is the crispy honey and sesame bottom layer.
bread flour 200g
vegetable oil 10g
yeast 2 g
salt 1 pinch
- Add yeast into warm milk. Stir a bit and let it rest for 2 mins.
- Beat egg into a big bowl. Add in sugar, honey, oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add flour into the egg honey mixture.
- Add in milk while stirring the flour.
- Knead everything into a dough. Keep kneading for about 20 mins.
- Put dough in a warm place. Let it rise 2 times big.
- Knead the dough and press the sir out. Cut it into 8 smaller dough balls.
- Cover the dough balls with plastic and let them rest for 5 mins.
- Flatten dough into oval shape. Roll from one end to another.
- Cut in the middle.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 tbsp flour, 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp white sesame. Prepare a little water in another bowl.
- Dip the roll into the water first. then the white sesame with the cut side down.
- Brush baking pan with oil. Arrange them into the baking pan.
- Let them rise again till about 1.5 times big.
- preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
- bake for 15 mins.
- In a bowl, add in 1 tbsp water and 1 tsp honey.
- Brush honey water onto them. and bake for another 5 mins.
Look at my ugly buns. 🙂
The crispy white sesame bottom is exactly what I want.
Main ingredients are honey and lemon. To make it not taste bitter, I remove the lemon peel and the white part. If you think it’s too troublesome and totally fine with the little bitter taste. You can leave them.
- Wash lemon under water. Place them in a big bowl. Sprinkle some salt. Rub them with two hands. Then rinse under water. Dry them with kitchen towel.
- Cut lemons into slices or wedges or chunks. If the peel is on, thin slices will be better.
- Prepare a bottle. Boil it in hot water for mins to sterilize. Then let it dry in the air.
- 1 spoonful honey in and based at the bottom. Lemons over it. Then honey layer again, lemon again. Repeat till the bottle is full.
5. Store it in the fridge.
It can be used to make drinks.
My husband is 2 years older than me. But most time, I feel like I am the big sister when we stay together. It’s not difficult to guess what he likes and likes not. Just imagining will a kid like this or not, I will get the correct answer. I thought he would definitely like banana milkshake. Yet he told me it’s not like that. Because he had very terrible banana milkshake once and it was a nightmare.
Maybe I can make good banana milkshake that can change his opinion.
1 big ripe banana
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vanilla ice cream
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 ice cubes
Put all the ingredients above into blender. And blend till very smooth.
My husband loves it. He asks if there is anymore after he finishes 1 cup.
My husband calls all meat with dark sauce “Teriyaki”. I found it because 2/3 of times when I asked him what he wanted for lunch, his answer would be ” teriyaki chicken or teriyaki pork”. He doesn’t pay much attention to how I cook the meal or sometimes I doubt he even doesn’t know what I feed him. :p
This dish is not difficult to cook.
1. Prepare chicken. I used cutter half chicken. You can use chicken drumstick, wings or thighs. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides.
2. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. Fry chicken till golden brown skin.
3. Add in 3 tablespoon chopped garlic. Stir fry till aroma. Then add 1/4 cup honey. Stir well.
4. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce. Mix well. Cove the lid and simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. Turn up the heat and reduce the sauce. Sprinkle a little white sesame.
Garnish with chopped spring onion before serving. Perfect to go with rice.
1. Prepare a whole boneless chicken leg. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper.
2. Use the back of knife to hit chicken a bit.
3. Heat a pan on stove. When the pan is hot, put the chicken inside with skin side down. Flip over when the skin turns golden brown. Fry the other side till brown, too.
4. If there is much oil after sear, you can pour the oil out.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tablespoon honey. Let the chicken be coated with sauce.
6. Pour in hot water just enough to cover the chicken. Cover the lid and simmer for a while.
7. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat to reduce the sauce.
1. Put chicken leg or chicken drumsticks in a big bowl. Add in 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger and 1 tablespoon sweet cooking wine. Give Chicken a good massage. Let them be marinated for about 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
3. Chicken in the oven for 20-25 mins till golden brown.
4. Prepare brushing sauce:
1 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tablespoon sweet cooking wine, and 1 tsp minced garlic. Mix them well.
5. Brush sauce on and under chicken. Into the oven for 5 mins. Then brush again and roast again.
And the chicken is done. Very delicious. My husband loves it very very much.
My husband has been asking me to make mango sago for him. Today, we just bought some fresh and sweet mangoes. So I decided to make it today.
1. Boil some water in a deep pot. Then put sago in water. Heat with high heat for around 6-7 mins till sago becomes completely transparent.
2. Soak sago in cold water, which will make them more elastic and taste better. Then drain them.
3. Cut mango into small chunks. Place them in a bowl.
4. Place sago over mango.
5. Add in 2 tsp honey. And pour in enough milk or coconut milk.
Ready to serve.
My husband loves it.
1. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, chopped garlic (3 cloves) and a little chopped ginger.
2. Clean prawns. Remove head and shell. Marinate then in sauce for at least 30 mins.
3. Heat a skillet. Add in a little olive oil.
4. Fry prawns till each side turns red. Then pour in marinating sauce. And cook for another one min or two.
5. Sprinkle chopped spring onion.
6. Take the prawn out. Keep heating the sauce till it gets a bit condensed. Then turn off the stove.
7. Put cooked rice in the skillet. Mix well with sauce. Then sprinkle prawns over it.
My husband loves it very much. He said it’s amazing!
Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
Melt a small pieces ( around 10 g) butter in the pan by medium heat. Then add in 2 tsp honey. Mix them well.
Place a strip of pork belly in the pan. Fry two sides till golden brown.
Turn off the stove. Pour butter & honey into baking pan. Then put pork belly into baking pan too. Sprinkle some salt over pork belly’s skin.
Put baking pan into oven. Roast for around 40 mins.
Cut into small chunks and serve.
Even the skin part tastes very chewy. Meat is very tender.
First, cut pork into thin slices. You can put it in fridge to freeze for a while. Then it will become hard and easy to cut.
Korean hot & sweet chili sauce 1 1/2 tsp
Minced garlic 4 cloves
Sugar 1 tsp
Cooking wine 1 tsp
Honey 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Mix all the sauce ingredients well in a bowl. Blend pork slices in it and marinate for around 15 – 20 mins.
Heat a skillet on stove and add in oil.
Put marinated pork slices in. Stir fry till pork almost done.
Add in another 1 tsp hot & sweet chili sauce, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp water.
Keep stir frying till sauce becomes very condensed. Add in some green onion shreds and sprinkle some white sesame. Quickly stir fry for 1 min or two.