My husband calls all meat with dark sauce “Teriyaki”. I found it because 2/3 of times when I asked him what he wanted for lunch, his answer would be ” teriyaki chicken or teriyaki pork”. He doesn’t pay much attention to how I cook the meal or sometimes I doubt he even doesn’t know what I feed him. :p
This dish is not difficult to cook.
1. Prepare chicken. I used cutter half chicken. You can use chicken drumstick, wings or thighs. Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides.
2. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tablespoon oil. Fry chicken till golden brown skin.
3. Add in 3 tablespoon chopped garlic. Stir fry till aroma. Then add 1/4 cup honey. Stir well.
4. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock, 2 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce. Mix well. Cove the lid and simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. Turn up the heat and reduce the sauce. Sprinkle a little white sesame.
Garnish with chopped spring onion before serving. Perfect to go with rice.
2 thoughts on “Honey Garlic Chicken”
LikeLiked by 1 person