1. Prepare a whole boneless chicken leg. Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper.
2. Use the back of knife to hit chicken a bit.
3. Heat a pan on stove. When the pan is hot, put the chicken inside with skin side down. Flip over when the skin turns golden brown. Fry the other side till brown, too.
4. If there is much oil after sear, you can pour the oil out.
5. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tablespoon honey. Let the chicken be coated with sauce.
6. Pour in hot water just enough to cover the chicken. Cover the lid and simmer for a while.
7. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat to reduce the sauce.