Original recipe: (I couldn’t find the link)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Clean chicken legs and sprinkle a little salt and black pepper.
3. In a bowl, add in 3/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 tomato sauce and 3 cloves minced garlic. Mix them well.
4. Place chicken legs in a skillet. Pour the sauce in.
5. Bake for 45 mins. ( flip over halfway)
6. I put in some baby carrots. Then turn to 200 degree C. And bake for another 15-20 mins till sauce becomes condensed.
Baked carrots are perfect for pasta or rice.
1. Put chicken legs in the baking bowl.
2. Spread several basil leaves.
3. Cut small tomatoes into half pieces. And sprinkle in the space of baking bowl with some garlic cloves.
4. Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
5. Spread some olive oil onto all ingredients. Use finger to brush chicken leg with olive oil.
6. 175 degree, 90 mins.
It can be served with pasta. Baked tomato is perfect for pasta.
1 big whole chicken leg
Chopped spring onion
Put chicken leg, shiitake, ginger slices and wolfberries in a deep pot. Add in enough water covers all ingredients.
When water boils, turn to low heat. Cover the lid. And simmer for at least 40 mins.
Sprinkle some salt and chopped spring onion. Cover the lid for another minute.
Chicken leg and several red dates in a pot. Pour in enough water that higher than ingredients. Turn to medium heat and cook for around 1 hour and a half. The soup will become a little white in color. Before turn off the stove, add a little salt. If you like, you can also add some wolf berries.
In Chinese medicine, red date is good for skin and health. So it’s ideal for women to have.
This soup is very easy. Just put chicken leg in a pot, add in enough water. At first, use medium heat. After water gets boiled, turn to low heat. Cook for half an hour. Then add in shiitake and wolf berries. Cook for at least another half an hour. Add in salt and it’s done.
It actually took me one hour and a half to make this soup. Just the longer you cook it, the better it will taste.