I’m a red bean fan. I love almost everything about red bean. This red bean bun needs red bean paste. I used the one bought from supermarket.
Bread flour 200g
Red bean paste 300g
1. Mix flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl.
2. Pour water in and stir with chopsticks at the same time.
3. Knead all ingredients into a dough.
4. Cut butter in. Keep kneading till butter is fully absorbed.
5. Put dough in the bowl. Wrap with plastic and let it rise till 2 times big.
6. Press the air out and divide dough into 6 small balls.
7. Press each ball flat. Put a red bean ball (50g) in the center. Wrap it up. Then place red bean buns on a baking pan. Into the oven with a big bowl of hot water under it.
8. Let it rise till 1.5 times big.
9. Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Sprinkle black sesame on the bun. Place a pan on the top of them to press them a bit.
In the oven and bake for 18 mins.
A little crispy outside but really soft and sweet inside. I love them.
One thought on “Red Bean Bun”