I find only in Chinese recipe will potatoes appear in slices, while in other cuisine, potatoes are usually cooked in chunks or mashed. Potatoes also are cooked often in shreds, and it’s a very very common Chinese family dish, just like scrambled egg with tomatoes.
Sausage I used is the Chinese preserved sausage. We call it La Chang （腊肠）.
- Peel the potatoes and cut it into thin slices. Also cut sausage into slice.
- Fry potato slices. Add oil into a pan. Heat it. Fry potato with medium low heat. When potatoes turn transparent and brownish on the edge, it’s done. Set them aside.
- Add in a little oil in the pan. Saute sausage till sausage becomes curly and slightly brownish.
- Add in 2 or 3 cloves chopped garlic. saute til aromatic.
- Put in all the potatoes and chopped green chili. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Stir fry evenly.
- Season with salt and garnish with some chopped spring onion.