This dish just came to me when I searched fridge trying to figure out what to cook for lunch. I happened to see bacon and asparagus, and they were waving hands to me. So I decided to eat them.
1. Wash asparagus under water. Remove the bottom. Peel the skin near bottom off.
2. Bleach in boiling water for 3 mins. Don’t forget to add in a little salt in the boiling water.
3. Place asparagus in cold water then drain them.
4. Roll asparagus in a piece of streaky bacon from one end to the other. Roll it tight or it will loose while frying.
5. Heat a pan, add in 1 tablespoon oil. Fry bacon roll with medium or low heat. Roll it to let it be fried evenly.
6. When bacon turns beautifully lightly brown, sprinkle in black pepper.
1. Cut scallops into two thinner pieces. Peel the asparagus and cut them. Also prepare several carrot slices to garnish the dish.
2. Boil a pot of water, add in 1 tsp salt. Blanch asparagus and carrot for 1 min. Rinse under water and drain them.
3. Heat a pan. In with 1 tablespoon oil. Sauté a little garlic & ginger slices. Add in scallops. Fry each side for 1 min.
4. Add in asparagus and carrot. Quickly blend them.
5. Add in 1 tsp cooking wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce and a little salt to season. Stir fry evenly.
6. At last, in with a little starch water.
The pasta I used was pasta with eggs. Wider than linguine.
1. Prepare beef slices and chopped asparagus.
2. Cook pasta according to the instruction. Soak in cold water and drain.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in beef slices. Quick stir fry with medium-high heat. Bring to brown.
4. Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp dried thyme. Mix well.
5. Cut in 20g butter. When butter melts, add in asparagus and stir fry for 2 mins.
6. Pour in 2 tablespoon white wine. Turn to high heat. Simmer for 1-2 mins.
7. Season with salt and black pepper.
Add in drained pasta and give them a good mix.
1. Trim asparagus. Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Fry asparagus for 2-3 mins.
2. Put a boneless chicken leg on cutting board. Flaten it a little with the back of knife. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Put the asparagus on it. Roll it and tie it up.
4. Fry the chicken roll in pan till a little brown.
5. Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Bake for 20 mins. Flip it once or twice while baking.
Cut into slices before serving.
Sprinkle salt and black pepper over steak and let it rest for 5-10 mins.
Heat cast iron skillet on a stove. Add in a little olive oil.
When skillet is very hot, lay steak in it. Fry each side for around 2 mins.
Cut in a small piece of butter. Also add in 2 or 3 cloves garlic and thyme.
Fry each side for 3 mins. At the same time, use a spoon to scoop melted butter and pour over the uncooked side.
Place steak in a plate and let it rest for a while.
Leave the rest oil in the pan. Put vegetables in skillet. I chose onion, asparagus and mushroom. Stir fry till vegetables turn softened. Add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cooking wine and 1/2 tsp sugar. Stir fry for another 2 or 3 mins.
Dish vegetables out in a plate and cut steak into medium chunks and spread them over vegetables.
1. Heat butter in a pan. Fry cod fillet about 2-3 mins for each side. Then dish out.
2. Fry asparagus till done. Sprinkle a little salt. Then dish out.
3. Heat 1 tsp butter in the pan. Add 1/2 tsp flour and 3 tsp milk. Cook with low heat till sauce becomes condensed. Add in some salt and black pepper. Stir evenly.
4. Pour sauce onto the cod in the plate.
It’s a low fat dish. And it’s very easy to cook.
1. Cut chicken breast and asparagus into small pieces.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan.
3. Put in chicken breast. Stir fry till color turns white then a bit golden brown.
4. Add asparagus. Stir fry till asparagus’s color turns dark for around 2-3 mins.
5. Spread some chopped garlic granules, salt and black pepper. Quick stir evenly for another minute. And it’s done.
1. Heat a little butter in the pan. Put in minced garlic. Stir fry a bit.
2. Add in asparagus. Stir fry till the color turns darker.
3. Put shrimps in the pan. Stir fry with asparagus till done.
4. Spread some salt, black pepper and mix herbs. Stir evenly.
5. Turn off the stove. Mix cooked pasta with asparagus and shrimps well.