My husband loves fish, especially fish from the deep sea. We often buy salmon. We don’t buy cod fish that often. Last time when we went out shopping for groceries, he saw the frozen cod fish fillet. He asked if he could buy some. I was a bit hesitant because I didn’t cook cod that much. He told me just to cook it in the same way of cooking salmon. OK, then. My husband always tells me to cook seafood in a simple way with less condiments, even though he almost never cooks.
As he said, I just pretend I am cooking a salmon fillet.
1. Season cod fillet with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan, drizzle in a little oil. When pan is hot, place cod fillet in.
3. Sear the cod fillet for 3-4 mins. Then flip over. Sear for another 3-4 mins. I also added in a clove of garlic. Fry both sides till a bit brownish.
4. Don’t forget to sear the edge side of fillet. Fry each side for another minute at last.
Please be gentle while cooking cod fish. I guess I was too careless, I kind of broke the fish. 😦
Well, my husband still loved it.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Melt 20g butter, then mix in fresh juice of half small lemon. Also add in 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
3. In a bowl, add in 1/4 cup flour, some salt, black pepper and a little mixed herbs.
4. Dip cod fillet in butter mixture first then in flour mixture.
5. Place cod fillet in a baking pan. Bake for 25-30 mins.
I also put several baby carrots and French beans in the baking pan and let them be baked with cod.
1. Heat butter in a pan. Fry cod fillet about 2-3 mins for each side. Then dish out.
2. Fry asparagus till done. Sprinkle a little salt. Then dish out.
3. Heat 1 tsp butter in the pan. Add 1/2 tsp flour and 3 tsp milk. Cook with low heat till sauce becomes condensed. Add in some salt and black pepper. Stir evenly.
4. Pour sauce onto the cod in the plate.