1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Melt 20g butter, then mix in fresh juice of half small lemon. Also add in 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
3. In a bowl, add in 1/4 cup flour, some salt, black pepper and a little mixed herbs.
4. Dip cod fillet in butter mixture first then in flour mixture.
5. Place cod fillet in a baking pan. Bake for 25-30 mins.
I also put several baby carrots and French beans in the baking pan and let them be baked with cod.
1. Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry tenggiri filet till a bit golden brown.
2. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar. Stir fry evenly and let filet coat with sauce.
3. Pour in enough hot water covers filet. Add in star anise and ginger slice. Cover the pan with lid.
4. When the water reduces to 1/3, turn to high heat. And flip the fillet over till sauce condensed.
5. Place filet in the plate. Pour dark sauce over it and sprinkle some spring onion shreds.
My husband is a big fan of fish and chips. So I tried to cook this dish at home.
I cooked two kinds of fried fish fillet.
First, cut fish fillet into smaller size. And marinated with a little salt and black pepper.
1st. In a bowl, mix a small bowl of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vinegar and a small bowl of water. Stir well into batter.
Dip fish in batter. Then fry till golden brown.
2nd. Coat fish with a thin layer of flour, than egg and bread crumb at last.
Fry in oil till golden brown.
After tasting this two kinds of fried fish, I like the bread crumb one more. Because I think it tastes more crispy. But my husband loved them both.
Potato chips fried in oil for around 5-7 minutes, till they get golden brown.
I don’t like cooking dishes that need deep fried, because it means greasy kitchen, wasting too much oil, and getting hurt by hot oil easily.
My husband like fish & chips very much, and both the dishes need deep frying. I looked up on the Internet and found ways to cook them without frying.
This was the fish fillet I used. A dory fish fillet. Season it with salt and black pepper granules.
Bread crumbs need to be stir fry with a little oil for a while, which will make them look bright golden and taste better.
I also added some mixed herbs and minced garlic. When the color turns golden, turn off the oven.
Fish fillet first covered with a thin layer of flour, then egg, and bread crumbs at last.
Preheat oven to 200 degree C. In the oven for 20 minutes.
Dresses with some vegetable salad.
Fish fillet inside is very tender.