The rule of my husband’s bento: there must be at least 1 meat dish.
This time, I tried pork.
- Prepare soup. Cos soup is time-consuming. I can let the soup on the stove while preparing other dishes. Wash ribs. Put them in a pot and add in enough water. Bring to boil. Skim the soup to remove all the dirt. Simmer for 30 mins. Add in carrot and corn. And simmer for another 20-30 mins.
- Pork belly in the pot. Enough water in and bring to boil. Take the pork belly out and wash clean. Cut into small chunks. Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Sear the pork belly till brownish. Add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry evenly. Add in enough hot water, also bay leaves and star anise. Lid on and simmer for about 20 mins. Lid off and reduce the sauce with high heat,
- I also cooked tofu & chicken pancake. 1/4 chicken breast (diced). 1/4 carrot (diced). Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil, Stir fry chicken and carrot till chicken turns white in color. 100g silk tofu in the bowl. Mash it with a fork. Add in the fried chicken and carrot. Also add in some chopped green onion, 2 tbsp flour. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well. Heat pan again. Brush it with oil. Scoop batter with a spoon and drop into pan to fry till both sides turn golden brown.
Pork is a perfect match with rice.
Soup is good. Corn adds sweet taste to it.
Oh, I also add in some fried bitter gourd rings. My husband finished everything.
1. Cut one whole chicken breast into two halves.
2. Use knife’s blunt edge to beat each side of chicken breast. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder.
3. Pat chicken breast with corn starch. Shake off the extra.
4. Heat a little butter in a pan.
5. Put chicken breast in and fry each side till slightly golden brown. Then put them in a plate.
6. For the sauce, you can use the one you like. I put 2 tsp HP sauce, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp water and 1/2 black pepper granule. Mix them in saucepan on the stove till condensed. Pour over chicken breast.
I used chicken breast.
1. Cut chicken breast into one-bite pieces.
2. Marinate chicken with 3 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp cooking wine, chopped garli (2 cloves), a little chopped ginger, 4 tsp sugar and 1 tsp cornstarch for 10-15 mins.
3. Cut green onion into small pieces similar to the size of chicken pieces.
4. I used toothpick to make two pieces of chicken with green onion in between them.
5. Brush a little oil in the pan. Turn to medium high heat. When the pan is very hot. Put chicken & green onion stewers in.
6. Pan fry each side till golden brown.
Sprinkle a little salt and black pepper over chickenbreast for a little while.
Coat chickenbreast with a thin layer of flour, then egg and bread crumbs last.
Heat some oil in the pan. Fry both sides till golden brown.
After cooled, cut into small pieces. Spread the sauce you like.
It’s a low fat dish. And it’s very easy to cook.
1. Cut chicken breast and asparagus into small pieces.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan.
3. Put in chicken breast. Stir fry till color turns white then a bit golden brown.
4. Add asparagus. Stir fry till asparagus’s color turns dark for around 2-3 mins.
5. Spread some chopped garlic granules, salt and black pepper. Quick stir evenly for another minute. And it’s done.