If you don’t have a griller, but you really want to try BBQ pork at home, maybe you can try my method. All you need is a skillet.
- Prepare a skillet. Heat on stove. Brush it with oil. Wipe pork belly with kitchen towel. Place pork belly into the skillet when it’s very hot. My stove is induction and it’s super quick for skillet to get hot. I turn to 3 out of 9, and that would be hot enough.
- When put the pork belly in, don’t move it and let it get seared.
- When the down side turns beautifully golden brown, flip it over to sear the other side.
- After both sides turn brownish. Turn down the heat. Cut big pork belly slices into short ones by scissors.
Sear with low heat to make sure pork belly is fully cooked.
If you want to add vegetables, you can push pork belly to the side. Arrange vegetables in the skillet.
I used sausage, shiitake mushroom, onion, green chili and garlic. Fat from the pork adds more flavor to vegetables.
Cook with low heat and patience.
You will get shiny golden pork belly and nice pot of mixed vegetables.
Dip them in the sauce you like. Because I didn’t marinate the pork, so they taste plain. You can serve in Korean style, with salt, kimchi, pickles and lettuce.
If you want to marinate the pork before cooking, that will also work.
1. Cut one whole chicken breast into two halves. Thinner chicken can be cooked easily. Sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken.
2. In a bowl, add in 1 cup flour, 4 tablespoon bread crumbs, a little salt, black pepper and mixed herbs.
3. Prepare 1 egg, and 3/4 cup milk in another bowl. Mix them well.
4. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg and flour at last. Shake off the excess.
Preheat oven to 220 degree C.
5. Melt 30g butter in skillet. Place chicken in side. Into the oven for 10 mins.
6. Flip over and bake for another 10 mins.
Sprinkle salt and black pepper over steak and let it rest for 5-10 mins.
Heat cast iron skillet on a stove. Add in a little olive oil.
When skillet is very hot, lay steak in it. Fry each side for around 2 mins.
Cut in a small piece of butter. Also add in 2 or 3 cloves garlic and thyme.
Fry each side for 3 mins. At the same time, use a spoon to scoop melted butter and pour over the uncooked side.
Place steak in a plate and let it rest for a while.
Leave the rest oil in the pan. Put vegetables in skillet. I chose onion, asparagus and mushroom. Stir fry till vegetables turn softened. Add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cooking wine and 1/2 tsp sugar. Stir fry for another 2 or 3 mins.
Dish vegetables out in a plate and cut steak into medium chunks and spread them over vegetables.
Meatballs I used are made by myself. Here is the link:
Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
Heat skillet on the stove. Add in some oil. Fry meatballs till they turn golden brown.
Pour in half bottler of pasta sauce ( around 170g) with 2 tsp water. Heat for a little while to let each meatball coated with condensed sauce.
Put skillet into oven. Bake for 15 mins.
Then sprinkle cheese shreds over it. And heat for another 5 mins or till all cheese melts.
Take skillet out. Sprinkle grate Parmesan and parsley.
It tastes really grate.
Also the cheesy tomato sauce is a terrific match for bread.