It is the first time for me to cook abalone. Since Chinese New Year is quite near, abalone becomes a popular choice in supermarket. My husband just stared at those abalone for a little while, and I knew for sure that he wanted to have some. I decided to cook them in the easiest way, and which is steaming.
- Clean abalone. Gently separate the meat and the shell. Because I found the shell seems to be impossible to be completely cleaned, so I thought I’d better discard the shell. Also remove the intestines and wash off all the dirt.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water till soft and drain them.
- In a small bowl, add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cooking wine, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add in 3 or 4 cloves of chopped garlic. Saute till aromatic.
- Place vermicelli in a plate. Pour the sauce in evenly. Then scatter abalone on the vermicelli. Top abalone with garlic. If there is still some extra garlic, just place them over the vermicelli.
- In boiling water and steam for about 8 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Vermicelli will be very tasty and my husband loved it.
2 thoughts on “Steamed Abalone With Vermicelli”
Where do you buy the fresh abalone with shell ? How much each?
They are frozen ones but with shell. $15/pack (6 pieces).