1, Wash quid and remove the intestines. Cut into slices.
2, Soak glass noodles in water till soft. Drain them, add in 1 tbsp light soy sauce and mix well.
3. Chop 3 cloves of garlic. Heat a pan with a little oil in. Add in garlic, stir fry till aromatic. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix well.
4. In a plate, arrange glass noodles at the bottom layer. Squid over glass noodles. And pour the sauce over them.
5. In hot water, steam for 8 mins.
6. Garnish with some chopped spring onion.
- Prepare 2 baby Chinese cabbage. Wash them and cut off the root. Then cut into quarters. Arrange them in a plate.
- Chop 4 garlic cloves. Soak glass noodles in water till soft and drain them. Cut a bit, if you don’t want them to be too long. Soak dry shiitake mushroom in water. Then chop mushroom into dices.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tbsp oil. Fry garlic till aromatic with low heat. Add in mushroom and fry a bit.
- Add in 1/2 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well. Add in 1 tbsp mushroom water.
- Turn off the heat. Put glass noodles into the sauce. Toss a bit to let noodles completely mix with sauce.
- Place glass noodles over cabbage and pour all the sauce over the top.
- Steam over boiling water for 10 mins.
- Soak glass noodles in water till softened and drain them. Prepare sauce: 1tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tbsp sugar. Mix them well in a bowl.
- Clean and trim prawns. Marinate them with cooking wine, salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan, Add in a little oil. Fry prawns till red on both sides.
- Take the prawns out and heat the same pan (no need to wash).
- Saute chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic. Add in chopped shiitake mushroom (optional) and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in glass noodles. Also pour in sauce. Use chopsticks to stir glass noodles to let them be coated with sauce.
- Pour in 1/4 cup stock. Turn to low heat and lid on. Simmer for 5 mins. Add more stock if it gets dry.
- Add the prawns and red chili shreds in. Mix well. Maybe a little more stock and lid on for another 3 mins.
- Lid off. Stir with chopsticks evenly.
Garnish with green onion.
The other day, I saw frozen half scallop with shell sold in supermarket, so I bought 1 pack. One good thing about seafood is that you don’t need to cook them in sophisticated way, simple steaming will bring their flavor to utmost. I cooked prawn, abalone in this way before. Can’t wait to try with scallops.
I used 4 scallops and around 50 vermicelli.
- Thaw scallops. Gently remove the meat off the shell. Wash both meat and shell.
- Soak vermicelli in warm water for a while till they get completely soft.
- Chop 5 cloves garlic. Better chop them fine.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Saute garlic with low heat till aromatic. Don’t burn them. Once the flavor gets out, turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, add in the fried garlic, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Put some vermicelli and curl them on the shell. Then put the scallop meat over the vermicelli. Use a spoon to spread sauce over the vermicelli and scallop meat.
- Spread the rest vermicelli in a plate and drizzle the rest sauce over them. And last put scallop on the top.
- Steam for 10 mins.
Super easy. Vermicelli is juicy and full of flavor.
You can replace prawn with shrimps.
- Prepare prawns. Wash them clean. Cut on the back with scissors or a knife. Remove the intestines.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water for 10 seconds. Cut shorter. Save a little and chop into small pieces.
- Chop 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Saute garlic till aromatic. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1/2 tsp sugar. bring to boil.
- Place vermicelli in a plate. Arrange prawns over the vermicelli. Stuff prawn with chopped vermicelli. Then use a spoon to pour garlic sauce onto chopped vermicelli. Pour the rest garlic sauce over the vermicelli under the prawn.
- Steam for 15 mins. My prawns are big, that’s why it takes around 15 mins to be cooked. If you use shrimps, you can shorten the time to 8-10 mins.
Vermicelli is very tasty. My husband even loves it more than prawns.
It is the first time for me to cook abalone. Since Chinese New Year is quite near, abalone becomes a popular choice in supermarket. My husband just stared at those abalone for a little while, and I knew for sure that he wanted to have some. I decided to cook them in the easiest way, and which is steaming.
- Clean abalone. Gently separate the meat and the shell. Because I found the shell seems to be impossible to be completely cleaned, so I thought I’d better discard the shell. Also remove the intestines and wash off all the dirt.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water till soft and drain them.
- In a small bowl, add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp cooking wine, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add in 3 or 4 cloves of chopped garlic. Saute till aromatic.
- Place vermicelli in a plate. Pour the sauce in evenly. Then scatter abalone on the vermicelli. Top abalone with garlic. If there is still some extra garlic, just place them over the vermicelli.
- In boiling water and steam for about 8 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Vermicelli will be very tasty and my husband loved it.
Vermicelli is a good match for many vegetables and seafood.
1. Soak vermicelli in water for several mins or till it becomes soft. Cut a bit with scissors. Drain them.
2. Clean the crab. Take off the shell. Remove the intestine. And cut into smaller parts.
3. Place crab pieces in a bowl. Add in 2-3 tablespoon corn starch. Shake a little bit to let crab be coated with starch.
4. Heat a pan. Oil in. Fry crab till golden brownish. Take them out.
5. Heat the same pan. Add a little extra oil if needed. Add in chopped garlic and ginger. Sauté till aromatic.
6. Put the crab back in. Pour in 1 tablespoon cooking wine, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 tsp sugar. And enough water covers all ingredients.
7. Cover the lid. Simmer with low/medium heat for 15 mins.
8. Add the soaked vermicelli. Mix vermicelli with sauce and crab for about 3 mins.
9. Season with salt. Garnish with spring onion.
1. Rinse ribs under water to wash them clean. Soak them in water to let all the blood out. Change water several times till water is clean.
2. Marinate ribs with 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/2 tsp chopped ginger, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tablespoon corn starch. Mix them all well. Marinate for around 2 hours.
3. Soak vermicelli in water till soft. Cut shorter with scissors.
4. Take the ribs out and put into another bowl. Add in 2 tsp oil, and 1 tablespoon corn starch. Mix well again.
5. Spread vermicelli in a plate. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Mix with chopsticks.
6. Place ribs over vermicelli. Pour marinade on top.
7. In boiling water and steam for 15-20 mins.
8. Garnish with chopped spring onion.
Two kinds of vermicelli are very popular in China’s northern part: vermicelli made from sweet potato and potato. And I used sweet potato type in this dish.
1. Cut pork (better with some fat) and bamboo shoot into medium chunks.
2. Boil a pot of water. Add in 1 tsp salt. Soak bamboo shoots in it for a little while. Then rinse under cold water and drain. Some people don’t like the sourish taste of bamboo shoots, so soaking in hot salty water will remove that. And bamboo shoot is very good for healthy. It contains abundant food fiber.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Sear the pork and bring them to a little golden brown.
4. Add in bamboo shoots. Stir fry for like 2 mins. Drizzle a little Shao xing wine.
5. Then add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, ginger slices, star anise and bay leaf. Pour in enough hot water covers all ingredients. Bring to boil. Then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 40 mins.
6. Add in vermicelli. Let them soak in meat juice. Simmer for 8-12 mins according to the instruction. Stir occasionally in case vermicelli stick together.
7. Season with salt if needed.
1. Wash spinach. Remove the root and cut into halves.
2. Boil a pot of water. Add in 1 tsp water. Boil spinach for 1 min. Then dish them out. Set aside. Drain and cool down.
3. Boil another pot of water. Boil vermicelli according to the instruction or till cooked. Drain them.
4. Squeeze spinach to let all the water out. Put them in a big bowl along with drained vermicelli.
5. Season with sugar and salt.
6. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 2 tablespoon oil. Sauté a little chopped garlic and dried chili. When the oil is smoke hot, pour hot oil onto spinach. (Or you can place chopped garlic and chilli on the top of spinach. Pour the hot oil over them.)
7. Mix well and serve.