The other day, I saw frozen half scallop with shell sold in supermarket, so I bought 1 pack. One good thing about seafood is that you don’t need to cook them in sophisticated way, simple steaming will bring their flavor to utmost. I cooked prawn, abalone in this way before. Can’t wait to try with scallops.
I used 4 scallops and around 50 vermicelli.
- Thaw scallops. Gently remove the meat off the shell. Wash both meat and shell.
- Soak vermicelli in warm water for a while till they get completely soft.
- Chop 5 cloves garlic. Better chop them fine.
- Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Saute garlic with low heat till aromatic. Don’t burn them. Once the flavor gets out, turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, add in the fried garlic, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tsp sugar. Mix well.
- Put some vermicelli and curl them on the shell. Then put the scallop meat over the vermicelli. Use a spoon to spread sauce over the vermicelli and scallop meat.
- Spread the rest vermicelli in a plate and drizzle the rest sauce over them. And last put scallop on the top.
- Steam for 10 mins.
Super easy. Vermicelli is juicy and full of flavor.