This kind of pickled cucumber is really a perfect choice to go with porridge. And it’s very easy to make too.
Because I didn’t want to make too many, I just used 2 medium cucmbers.
- Cut cucumbers into strips or any shape you like. But better not to be very thin.
- Put them in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 Tablespoon salt. Toss a bit. Leave them there for 30 mins.
- Drain the water. and dry them.
- In a bowl, add in 2 tablespoon light soy sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp honey, 3-5 crushed garlic cloves, and 2 spicy red chili. You can add more or less chili according to your preference.
- Put cucumber into a sterilized container. Then pour the sauce over them. Lid on. Put into the fridge. And you will have a crunchy sweet & spicy appetizer in several hours.