You can replace prawn with shrimps.
- Prepare prawns. Wash them clean. Cut on the back with scissors or a knife. Remove the intestines.
- Soak vermicelli in hot water for 10 seconds. Cut shorter. Save a little and chop into small pieces.
- Chop 3 or 4 cloves of garlic. Heat a pan. Add in 2 tsp oil. Saute garlic till aromatic. Add in 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce and 1/2 tsp sugar. bring to boil.
- Place vermicelli in a plate. Arrange prawns over the vermicelli. Stuff prawn with chopped vermicelli. Then use a spoon to pour garlic sauce onto chopped vermicelli. Pour the rest garlic sauce over the vermicelli under the prawn.
- Steam for 15 mins. My prawns are big, that’s why it takes around 15 mins to be cooked. If you use shrimps, you can shorten the time to 8-10 mins.
Vermicelli is very tasty. My husband even loves it more than prawns.