How much do I love this Di San Xian? Hmmm……. If I have to choose one my favorite stir-fry dish, it must be the one. But I have to say it’s not very healthy, since it consumes too much oil.
The name Di San Xian (地三鲜）Means 3 fresh vegetables from the earth and which are potato, eggplant and green chili.
- Heat a pan, add in 1 tablespoon oil. Prepare 2 medium potatoes and chop into slices or small wedges. Fry potato till cooked or the edge turns brownish.
- Potatoes out. Add in some more oil, 2-3 tablespoon maybe. Eggplant can absorb a lot oil. Fry the eggplant ( chop 1 eggplant into medium chunks). Fry them till they get really softened and cooked.
- Add potatoes back into the pan. Also add in chopped green chili (You can use bell pepper, but I want to add a little spicy taste to the dish, so I chose green chili). Stir fry for a min or two.
- Add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce and 1 tsp sugar. keep stirring and all vegetables will show shiny and brownish color.
- Chop 3 cloves of garlic and add in. Stir fry to release garlic’s flavor.
- Season with a little salt. and glaze with a little starch water.
Even my husband fell in love with this dish and He is a MEAT LOVER!!!