I cook curry occasionally.
One problem is that every time chicken and potato will be eaten but plenty of curry sauce is leftover. Actually, curry sauce is very tasty, I was wondering if I could use the leftover sauce to make a stew or something.
- Prepare shiitake mushroom (wash and cut into wedges), tofu (cut into small chunks) and French beans (trim two ends).
- Pour the curry into a pot. After chilled in fridge for overnight, it already became paste. Also pour in 1/2 – 1 cup water, depends on how thick your curry paste is.
- Add in some extra curry powder if necessary. Just in case water makes the curry flavor lighter. and also add in 1 tablespoon tomato sauce. Stir gently.
- When the curry boils, add in shiitake mushroom and tofu pieces. Turn to low heat. Let the mushroom and tofu braise in curry for a while. Let’s say at least 10-15 mins to make the flavor go in.
- Put the Frech beans in. You can break the beans into halves if you think they are too long. Simmer for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt.
Tofu is so juicy and full of curry favor. I really like this way to reform curry and also use it to the utmost.