1. Prepare 1 whole chicken ( I used around 3/4 of a whole chicken). Cut it into chunks.
2. Chop 6-8 cloves of garlic, 30 g ginger, 1 big onion , 3 red chili. Chop them into very tiny pieces.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in the pan. Put in all the garlic, ginger, onion and chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
4. Add in 4-5 tablespoon curry powder. Stir to mix evenly.
5. Put in a handful fresh curry leaves. Fry a bit.
6. Put chicken into pan. Stir fry to let chicken be coated with spice paste.
7. Pour in 1/2 2 cups water. Bring to boil. Add in chunks of 2 big potatoes.
8. Turn to medium heat and simmer for around 25 mins.
9. Add in 1 small pack of coconut milk (200ml). Stir to mix. Then simmer for another 20 mins.
10. Add in 1 tablespoon sugar, which will make the curry taste a bit sweet and mild. Season with salt.
Serve hot. Perfect to go with rice.
My husband loves it very very. He said my curry chicken almost tastes same as the one sold in foodcourt.