If one dish should be chosen to represent China, I think it probably be this dish. It’s also the very first dish for most Chinese to learn how to cook. And it also shows up very often on Chinese’s table. It’s a quick, easy and delicious dish as well.
3 medium tomatoes ( peeled off, cut into even sized pieces. One tomato can be cut into 8 small pieces)
Oil, salt, sugar, chopped spring onion, starch, water.
1. Make omelet. Take omelet out once it solidify.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put the tomato pieces in. Stir fry a little.
3. Add in salt and sugar. Keep stir frying. Juice will come out from tomato.
4. Put the omelet in and mix well with tomatoes. Omelet will be coated with tomato sauce.
5. Add in a little starchy water. Quick stir fry a little.
6. Sprinkle chopped spring onion before taking out into the plate.
In many Chinese small restaurant, they have rice topped by scrambled egg with tomatoes or noodles topped by scrambled egg with tomatoes in their menu. And it’s true that the sauce of this dish is a very good match for rice.