韭菜盒子 is a very popular snack in China. 韭菜 （jiu cai) means leek. 盒子 (he Zi) means box. I think it refers to the Dumplings’ shape.
It’s a quite easy dish to cook. Wrap is made from normal flour and water. Fillings maybe various. Most common combination is leek with egg. (You can also add in dried shrimps, or cooked vermicelli). My mom can make very nice fried leek dumplings. So I asked her about how to make the fillings. And she told me just in one sentence: half egg is raw and the other half is cooked. When my mom teaches me about cooking, her answer is always simplified and short, which is very very different from the mom I know in daily life. :p
I just followed my mom’s instruction. I fried one egg in pan. Then put it in chopped leek with another raw egg. Mix them very well. Season with salt, black pepper, 2 tsp cooked oil and 2 tsp sesame oil. Blend all filling ingredients well.
Divide dough into smaller ones. Just like making normal dumpling’s wrap by rolling pin. But this wrap should be thicker. Place one spoonful filling in the middle. Fold one end to the other. Press with finger.
Fry in low heat till bother sides turn golden brown.
1 pork liver (cut into thin slices, around 2 mm)
Light soy sauce
1. Wash pork liver in water. Change water again and again till there is no more blood.
2. Marinate pork liver slices with 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine, 2 tsp light soy sauce and 1 tablespoon corn starch.
3. Heat oil in a pan. A little more oil than usual. When the oil gets hot, put in pork liver. Quickly separate them from each other and stir fry for 1 min. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan. Sauté ginger till aromatic.
5. Add in leek and pepper. Stir fry for a little while.
6. Put pork liver back in the pan. Stir fry evenly. Add in 1 tsp shaoxing wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce and 1 tsp oyster sauce. Quickly blend them evenly.
7. Stir fry for 1 min. Season with salt. And ready to serve.
1. Cut Tofu into small chunks.
2. Heat some oil in the pan. Beat an egg in the bowl. Dip Tofu in egg and then fry in the pan till each side turns golden brown. Then take them out in a plate.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan again. Put chopped leek in the pan. Sauce a bit till they turn softened.
4. Add Tofu back in the pan. Also with chopped chili. Stir fry evenly.
5. Season with salt.
It’s a very easy dish. I learned from my father. He seems to like this dish very much.
Beat two or three eggs in a bowl. Mix well. Heat a little oil in the pan. Pour egg in. Once the bottom solidifies, stir with chopsticks. And dish out once a little done.
Cut leek into medium pieces. Heat a little oil in the pan. Put leek in. Stir fry till leek turns darker in color and softened.
Sprinkle some salt. Stir fry for another minute or two. Add in scrambled egg. Stir fry evenly.