I’m not surprised that my husband likes sweet food. But he also likes bitter gourd, which really does surprise me.
I think I used to cook bitter gourd by frying it or stir frying With scrambled egg or making it soup. I cooked scrambled eggs with bitter gourds for many many times. This time, I would like to add shrimps in.
It’s still quite easy.
1. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Stir with chopsticks. Cut 1/2 bitter gourd into slices (remove the seeds and white part first). Thaw the shrimps if you use frozen ones.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. When it’s hot, pour the egg in. When the bottom starts to solidify, stir egg with chopsticks till almost cooked. Set aside for later use.
3. Add a little more oil if needed. Fry the shrimps till pinkish. Set them aside too.
4. Fry the bitter gourd slices in the same pan. Stir fry for around 3 mins.
5. Add all egg and shrimps back into the pan.
6. Season with salt and a little sugar. Stir fry evenly for another min.
Ready to serve.
Simple and healthy. Especially suitable for hot weather in summer.