1. Cut potatoes into small chunks. If your potatoes are very clean, you can peel them after boiling. If not, please peel them before boiling. Boil potatoes in hot water with some salt till completely soft.
2. Mash potatoes with a fork and set aside for later use.
3. Heat a sauce pan. Cut in 15g butter. When butter melts, add in 15g flour. Keep stirring till they get fully mixed. Keep low heat to avoid getting burnt.
4. When the flour & butter mixture turns brown, pour in 1 cup chicken stock. Keep stirring let flour & butter mixture dissolve in stock.
5. Season with 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1/4 tablespoon dark soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Keep stirring to reduce the sauce till very condensed and thick.
6. Pour sauce over mashed potato.
My husband gave it a big thumbs up.