1. Wash spinach. Remove the root and cut into halves.
2. Boil a pot of water. Add in 1 tsp water. Boil spinach for 1 min. Then dish them out. Set aside. Drain and cool down.
3. Boil another pot of water. Boil vermicelli according to the instruction or till cooked. Drain them.
4. Squeeze spinach to let all the water out. Put them in a big bowl along with drained vermicelli.
5. Season with sugar and salt.
6. Heat a sauce pan. Add in 2 tablespoon oil. Sauté a little chopped garlic and dried chili. When the oil is smoke hot, pour hot oil onto spinach. (Or you can place chopped garlic and chilli on the top of spinach. Pour the hot oil over them.)
7. Mix well and serve.