- Add rice and water into a pot. Bring to boil. Rice:water is 1:4.
- Skim the porridge and remove the foam.
- Transfer all rice and water into pressure cooker. (I really use pressure cooker a lot recently). Cook for 20 mins.
- While porridge is being cooked, prepare the pork liver.
- Cut liver into slices. Wash in water again and again till no more blood.
- Marinate pork liver with 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp white pepper powder, 1 pinch sugar, ginger slices and 1 tbsp starch. Mix well and marinate for 15-20 mins.
- When porridge is down, Keep heating it. Add in pork liver. Keep stirring cos the porridge will be very thickened. Cook for 5-8 mins till pork liver is fully cooked.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with chopped spring onion.
My husband likes this type of porridge, and he likes my pork liver porridge very much.