1 big whole chicken leg
red dates 3 (seed removed)
logan meat 1 tbsp
goji berries 1tbsp
- Put chicken leg into a pot. Add in enough water. Bring to boil with high heat.
- Skim the soup and remove all the dirt.
- Add in cordyceps, red dates and longan meat. Slow cook with low heat for 40 mins.
- Add in goji berries and cook for another 5 mins.
- Season with salt.
Super nice soup.
Chinese Yam is called 山药 （shan yao), which is considered to be very good for health.
1. Rinse pork ribs in water. Change water several times till water is clear with no more blood.
2. Put ribs in a deep pot. Add in water that covers all ribs.
3. Turn to high heat and bring water to boil. Skim the foam if any. Turn to medium-low heat.
4. Add in Yam chunks, red dates and wolf berries. Cover the pot and simmer for 40 mins. Ribs will become very soft and easily fall off. Soup will become a bit sweet during to red dates and Yam.
5. Season with a little salt and serve hot.
Water chestnut is not usually seen in my hometown, but very common in Singapore. And it’s widely used in cooking savory food, dessert and making drinks.
Peeled Water chestnuts (around 8)
Red dates (4-5 cut into halves and remove the seed)
Wolf berries several
Sugar 1 tablespoon (you can cut or add more according to your reference)
Corn starch 1 tablespoon (dissolve in 2 tablespoon water)
Black sesame ( optional)
1. Use a grater to grind water chestnuts into paste.
2. Put water chestnuts paste, red dates, wolf berries, and water into a pot.
3. Turn to high heat and bring water to boil.
4. Add in sugar. Turn to medium heat. Keep stirring to let sugar dissolve. Simmer for another 5 mins.
5. Pour in starch water. Keep stirring for 2 mins.
6. Serve hot and sprinkle sesame.