Water chestnut is not usually seen in my hometown, but very common in Singapore. And it’s widely used in cooking savory food, dessert and making drinks.
Peeled Water chestnuts (around 8)
Red dates (4-5 cut into halves and remove the seed)
Wolf berries several
Sugar 1 tablespoon (you can cut or add more according to your reference)
Corn starch 1 tablespoon (dissolve in 2 tablespoon water)
Black sesame ( optional)
1. Use a grater to grind water chestnuts into paste.
2. Put water chestnuts paste, red dates, wolf berries, and water into a pot.
3. Turn to high heat and bring water to boil.
4. Add in sugar. Turn to medium heat. Keep stirring to let sugar dissolve. Simmer for another 5 mins.
5. Pour in starch water. Keep stirring for 2 mins.
6. Serve hot and sprinkle sesame.