It’s a Korean style dish. I love almost all the food made from sticky rice.
For the sticky rice cake, I bought from supermarket. It’s vacuum pack. Sticky rice cake is very hard and dry. So first, I need to soak them in water and separate them. To make it easier, I also boil them in water for several mins until they get really big and fat and soft. Soak them in cold water and drain.
Prepare sauce: 2 tbsp Korean chili paste, 1/2 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp syrup. Mix them well.
- Heat a pan. Add in a little oil. Saute 2 cloves of chopped garlic and slices of 1 onion till aromatic.
- Add in sauce, and pour in 1/2 1 cup water/stock. Stir to let the sauce dissolve evenly.
- Put in drained rice cake and sausage slices. Boil till sticky rice cake float in the pan and completely soft. (About 5 mins).
- Add in cabbage slices. Simmer for another 3 mins. Just to prevent all the sticky rice cake sicking together, please keep stirring. If the sauce is too dry, please feel free to add more water/stock.
- Spread in chopped spring onion. And ready to serve.
It’s very simple. And you can add more or less chili paste according to your taste.
Very chewy gooey.