Pressure cooker makes this dish a lot easier to make.
- Prepare a pork belly with skin on, about 500 g.
- Roll it up from one side to the other. Tie it with kitchen twine very tight.
- Put pork in a deep pot, add in enough water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 mins.
- Rinse pork in water to wash off all the dirt.
- Put pork into pressure cooker. Add in 1/2 cup light soy sauce, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup mirin, 1/4 cup cooking wine, 1/4 cup dark soy sauce, 5 ginger slices, 1 stalk of chopped green onion.
- Cook in high pressure for 20 mins.
- Rotate the pork and cook for another 20 mins. Then rotate again and cook for last 20 mins.
- Take the pork out into a container. Pour the sauce in. Soak pork in the sauce. You can also add in boiled egg.
Put into fridge for hours or overnight.
Cut into slices and serve with chopped spring onion.