1. Put pork belly in a deep pot. Add in enough water. Heat on the stove. Bring to boil for 5 mins.
2. Take the pork out and drain.
3. Use a toothpick to poke the pork skin several times.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
5. In a bowl, mix 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp five spice powder. Brush marinade on the meat.
6. Use foil to make a square box and put pour the marinade into it. Place the pork belly in it with the skin side on the top.
7. In another bowl mix 1 tsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt and a little baking powder. Brush it on the skin.
8. Sprinkle coarse salt on the surface with a thick layer.
10. Remove the salt layer. Turn to the highest heat. Poke the skin again. Bake for another 20-30 mins. Till the skin turns golden and hard.
Cut with a sharp knife. Since I don’t have one. It’s really hard to get it nicely cut.
It tastes great. Skin is really crispy and meat is tasty.