1. Wash two duck legs in water. Then wipe them with kitchen towel.
2. Heat a pot on stove. Sear the duck leg till brownish, because duck contains much fat.
3. Add in 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 2 tsp dark soy sauce. Stir fry to let duck leg be coated with dark sauce.
5. Pour in enough hot water covers duck. Add in ginger slices, and star anise. Bring to boil. Then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 1 hour.
6. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat to reduce the sauce.
Serve hot with white sesame and chopped spring onion.