1. Wash two duck legs in water. Then wipe them with kitchen towel.
2. Heat a pot on stove. Sear the duck leg till brownish, because duck contains much fat.
3. Add in 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon light soy sauce and 2 tsp dark soy sauce. Stir fry to let duck leg be coated with dark sauce.
5. Pour in enough hot water covers duck. Add in ginger slices, and star anise. Bring to boil. Then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 1 hour.
6. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat to reduce the sauce.
Serve hot with white sesame and chopped spring onion.
1. In a deep pot, add in 1/2 2 cups water, 1/2 cup dark soy sauce, ginger slices, garlic slices, 1 tablespoon five spice powder and 20g sugar. Bring to boil.
2. Add in 1 strip of pork belly. Turn to low heat and simmer for 30 mins.
3. Add in 2 hard boiled eggs and simmer for another 15-20 mins.
4. Blanch yellow noodles in boiling water. Rinse under cold water and drain. Set in the plate.
5. Take the pork belly and eggs out to cool down. Leave 1 cup braised soy in the pot. Add in a 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce and salt to season.
6. Add in 1 beaten egg. Stir while pouring. At last, add in starch water to thicken the sauce.
7. Serve noodles with braised pork belly slices, braised egg, fish cake, and thick sauce over it.