My husband is crazy for milk tea. He can drink everyday without feeling tired off it. And now he starts to make his own milk tea at home. He never shows so much interest in kitchen, from which I can tell milk tea is really his true love. Yet, he is a bit frustrated since his homemade milk tea tastes different from the one bought at milk tea shop. And one big difference is he doesn’t have his favorite pearl. Seen his not-so-happy face, I decide to try make pearl for him.
Tapioca flour 100g
Brown sugar 45g
1. Pour water in sauce pan. Add brown sugar in it. Sugar in darker color will be better. I just happen to have not enough brown sugar, so I used some raw sugar instead. Color of pearl is very light.
2. Bring water to boil and make sure all the sugar dissolves.
3. Pour water into tapioca flour. Mix by chopsticks since it is very hot. Use hand when the flour cools down a little bit.
4. Make all ingredients into a dough. Roll the dough into a long strip. Divide it into small round pearls.
5. Boil a pot of water. Add pearls in. Wait till pearls float up. Cover with the lid. Turn to low heat and simmer for around 5 mins or till pearls are completely cooked.
6. Soak cooked pearls in cold water. Drain and add into milk tea.