My husband only like two parts of duck: leg and breast. Just a simple pan seared duck breast with sauce will make him very happy. Don’t forget he is the guy who can never forget about teriyaki chicken.
I also added pan fried potato as side to this dish.
- Prepare a potato. Peel it and cut it into medium thick chunks. Boil some water in a pot. Add potato chunks in and boil for about 10 mins. Or just till potato turns almost cooked and becomes a little soft. Drain them and set a side.
- Season duck breast with salt and black pepper. Cut cross on duck skin with a knife several times just to prevent curling during frying.
- Heat a pan. No need to add any oil since duck contains much fat. Skin side down. Sear with low heat till golden brown.
- Then flip over to sear the other side. Flip again when it turns brown in color. Sear the skin side till it becomes hard and crispy. Set it aside.
- You can use the same pan to fry potatoes. Or if you think duck oil is not healthy, you can use another pan. Fry potatoes till golden brown.
- For the sauce. In a sauce pan, add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon water. Simmer to reduce.
- Cut duck breast into slices. Arrange them and potatoes in a plate. Pour sauce over the duck
No doubt husband loves it.