lean pork 250g
salt 1/2 tsp
five spice powder 1/2 tsp
- Cut pork into slices or strips. About 3-5 mm.
- In a bowl, add in starch (sweet potato starch would be the best choice, but I tried with corn starch and turned out not bad.) and beat in eggs. whisk till fully combined.
- Add in salt and spice powder. Stir well.
- Add pork slices into the batter. Stir to let them be fully covered with batter.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown.
- To make them crispier, heat the oil and fry again.
Fried pork can be used to cook other dishes, like stew or sweet & sour pork. It’s a very popular dish during Chinese New Year in some part of China.