1. Peel 2 small potatoes and cut into small chunks. Boil them or steam them to get them cooked.
2. Cut salmon on the skin side with several openings. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over both sides of salmon.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. When the oil is hot. Place the salmon fillet inside with skin side down. Gentle lay press salmon with fingers or spatula to make skin crispy. Fry for around 3 mins or till the skin is brown.
4. Flip over and fry for another 3-4 mins. If you want the skin to be crispier, you can flip again to fry the skin side for another 1-2 mins. Set fried salmon fillet aside.
5. Heat a little olive oil in the pan. Add in half chopped onion. Sauté till brown.
6. Add in cooked potato chunks. Press with a fork or spatula. No need to mash them very smooth. It doesn’t matter if there are still lumps. Stir fry to get potato brownish. Add in a little dried thyme. And season with salt and black pepper.
7. Mashed potato in the plate with salmon fillet over it.