Twice cooked pork 回锅肉 is a famous dish in Sichuan cuisine. It’s not a difficult dish to cook.
1. Prepare a pork belly strip. Put it in a pot. Add in enough water covers pork. Ginger slices and 1 tablespoon shaoxing hua diao wine. Bring water to boil. Then turn to low heat. Cover the lid and simmer for 20 mins, or till chopsticks can easily go through the pork.
2. Take the pork out and soak in cold water. Cut pork into slices.
3. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté 2-3 ginger slices. Add the pork slices in. Sear the pork till a little golden brown.
4. Push pork to the one side of the pan. Add 1 tablespoon Pixian Bean paste in the pan with 2 tsp sugar. Stir fry a bit. I add in sugar to reduce the spiciness.
5. Stir fry pork with bean paste. Add in chopped leek. Stir fry for 2-3 mins to let leek be cooked. Have a taste to see if a little bit salt is needed, since bean paste is very salty.
Ready to serve.