Di San Xian (地三鲜) is one of my favorite dishes. And it belongs to northeastern Chinese cuisine.
Main ingredients of this dish are three vegetables: eggplant, potato and green pepper.
1. Cut eggplant, potato and pepper into medium chunks.
2. Heat oil in a deep pot. Fry potato till golden brown on the edge. Dish them out. Fry eggplant till soft and brownish. Dish out and fry pepper for 30 seconds.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tsp oil. Sauté chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic.
4. Put all fried vegetables in the pan. Stir fry evenly.
5. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt. Stir fry evenly.
6. At last, pour in corn starch water. Mix evenly and serve hot.