Di San Xian (地三鲜) is one of my favorite dishes. And it belongs to northeastern Chinese cuisine.
Main ingredients of this dish are three vegetables: eggplant, potato and green pepper.
1. Cut eggplant, potato and pepper into medium chunks.
2. Heat oil in a deep pot. Fry potato till golden brown on the edge. Dish them out. Fry eggplant till soft and brownish. Dish out and fry pepper for 30 seconds.
3. Heat a pan. Add in 1 tsp oil. Sauté chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic.
4. Put all fried vegetables in the pan. Stir fry evenly.
5. Add in 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt. Stir fry evenly.
6. At last, pour in corn starch water. Mix evenly and serve hot.
1. Cut pork into one-bite size. Put pork cubes in a bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sweet cooking wine, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp oyster sauce. Mix them well and let them marinate for 30 mins.
2. Coat marinated pork with corn starch. Don’t discard the marinade.
3. Fry pork cubes till golden brown and the shell becomes very hard.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Sauté chopped garlic and ginger till aromatic.
5. Add in 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce, 1 tablespoon marinade and 1/4 cup water.
6. Bring to boil. Then add in the fried pork and simmer for a while till sauce reduces.
7. Add in onion, red pepper and asparagus. Stir fry for 3 mins and let the sauce becomes very condensed.
Pork chop marinated with salt and black pepper for a while.
1. Heat pan with medium-high heat.
2. Put pork chop in the pan. Fry each side for around 3 mins.
3. Add in a pieces of butter in the pan. When butter melted, use a spoon to scoop butter onto chop. Flip the chop, and keep doing this procedure. Till chop is done.
4. Take chop in the plate. Chop onion and bell pepper into strips.
5. There will melted butter left in the pan. Heat it.
6. Put chopped vegetables in. Stir fry.
7. Add in a little salt, black pepper and sugar. Simmer for around 2 mins.
Then the side dish is done. Put it aside the chop.
I always think beef and onion are a good match. And it’s easy to cook.
1. Cut beef into evenly thin slices. Chop onion and bell pepper into medium pieces.
2. Marinate beef with some salt, light soy sauce, cooking wine and starch. Make sure each slice is coated with starch.
3. Heat the oil in the pan. ( a little more oil than usual)
4. Put beef slices in the pan. Keep stir frying till the beef’s color turn light and a little burnt.
5. Add in the chopped onion and bell pepper. Stir fry till they get cooked.
6. Add 1 tsp oyster sauce. Stir fry a little.
7. If it’s a little plain, add in some salt.
This dish is very common in China’s restaurants. And it’s not that hard to cook at home.