Many people don’t eat pork intestines. But I’m not one of them. Pork intestine has special texture. It’s very chewy. Cleaning pork intestine is a bit time consuming.
1. Wash pork intestine under water. Let the water flows all the dirt out. Then make the inside out. Spread salt to rub it. Wash clean. Sprinkle corn starch over it. Rub again. And wash again and again till water is clear.
2. Put pork intestine in a pot. Add in enough water. Pour in a little cooking wine. Add in ginger slices and star anise. Boil for 20 mins.
3. Wash under water and cut into small pieces.
4. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in chopped garlic, ginger and red chili. Stir fry till aromatic.
5. Add pork intestine in. Stir fry till a bit brown.
6. Add in 2 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce and hot water enough to covers all ingredients.
7. Simmer for 15-20 mins. Or till sauce reduces. Add in chopped celery and green chili. Stir fry for another 3 mins.
Ready to serve.