1. Marinated chicken thighs with salt, cooking wine and chopped ginger for about 2 hours.
2. Place chicken thighs in a plate. Put the plate on a rack and steam in hot water for 25 mins. Set chicken aside in another plate. Don’t throw away the water from the original steamed plate.
3. Heat a pan, add in 1 tablespoon oil. When oil is hot, drop in chopped spring onion and ginger shreds. Turn off the heat when aromatic.
4. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the chicken water after steam. Also add in a little light soy sauce. Mix well.
5. Pour the mixed sauce over chicken thighs.
Chicken turns out very juicy and tender. You can replace chicken thighs with chicken legs or drumsticks. Or even a half chicken. But the steaming will requires more time.