I never know dried seaweed can be used to cook fried rice until last summer My husband and I went to visit my friends in XiaMen. My friends invited us to a special dinner in a private place. And a special dish was served, which is seaweed fried rice. It’s the first time my husband and I tried that dish. We loved it.
This dish is not difficult to cook.
dried seaweed (cut into small chips with scissors)
chopped spring onion
chopped 2 cloves of garlic
dice of 1/2 chopped carrot
- Drizzle a little oil into the rice to separate the rice grains.
- Heat a little oil in the pan. Fry dried seaweed with low heat for 1 min. Then dish them out and leave the oil.
- Saute garlic till aromatic with the same pan. Add in the carrot dices. stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in rice. Toss all ingredients evenly.
- Add in fried seaweed. Stir fry evenly for another 1 minute.
- Season with salt.
Both my husband and I love it.