Prepare a big square pork belly.
1. Put pork belly in a deep pot. Add in enough water. Heat on the stove. Bring to boil for 5 mins.
2. Take the pork out. Wash it under water to rinse it clean and drain.
3. Use toothpicks to poke the pork skin several times.
4. In a bowl, mix 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp five spice powder. Brush marinade onto the meat be careful not to brush the skin.
5. Use foil to make a square box and put pour the marinade into it. Place the pork belly in it with the skin side up.
6. In another bowl mix 1 tsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt and a little baking powder. Brush it on the skin. Leave it for 30 mins.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
8. Sprinkle salt over the surface to make a thick salt layer.
9. Put into oven and bake for 40 mins.
10. Remove the salt layer. Turn to the highest heat. Poke the skin again. Bake for another 20-30 mins. Till the skin turns golden and hard.
Cool know and use a sharp knife to cut it. The skin is very hard and crispy too. I didn’t make it to cut it nicely. 😦