This dish came to my mind when my husband asked for Japanese cuisine. Japanese curry is much more mild and not so strong. Japanese curry goes well with fried chicken/pork chop and hot rice.
- Place pork chop on a piece of plastic wrap. Then cover it with another piece. Hit the pork chop with the back of knife to flatten it a bit. Season pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle flour over both sides of the pork chop. Then dip in egg first and bread crumbs at last.
- Prepare 1 carrot, 1 potato and 1 onion. Cut carrot and potato into small dices, onion into slices.
- Heat a pan. Add in 1 tbs oil, saute onion first till transparent. Then add in carrot and potato. Stir fry for a minute or 2.
5. Pour in 1 cup stock and add in 2 curry paste chunk (I used Japanese curry). Bring to boil first and then simmer for 15-20 mins or till all vegetables turn soft.
6. Put everything into blender. Blend till smooth and pour back to the pot.
7. To make the curry sauce richer, I also added in 200 ml coconut milk. Also season with salt and pepper. Turn to low heat and keep stirring till completely mixed and simmer to reduce the sauce.
8. Deep fry the pork chop till golden brown. Cool down a bit and cut into slices.
9. Serve curry sauce with hot rice and fried pork chop beside it.