My husband has great interest in fish. Every time when we go shopping for groceries, he is the one who’s in charge of choosing fish for me to cook. We found this cownose ray in the supermarket. Neither I or he tried this fish before. So we bought one pack with 3 pieces of cownose ray fish fillet.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cooking wine over the fish. Let them be marinated for a little while.
- Coat fish with a thin layer of starch.
- Put several ginger slices in the plate and fish over ginger. Steam for about 12 mins.
- Prepare sauce: Heat a pan, add in 1 tbsp oil. Add in chopped green onion and fry with low heat. When the green onion’s flavor starts to come out, add in 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce, 1/2 tsp oyster sauce. Bring the sauce to boil. And turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce over fish. And done.