1. Rinse ribs under water. Then put them in a pot, pour in enough water that covers all ribs. Turn to high heat and bring to boil. Turn off the heat when ribs turn white. Rinse ribs in cold water and drain.
2. Heat a little oil in the pan. Add in chopped garlic, ginger & dried red chili. Sauté till aromatic. Add drained ribs in. Fry ribs till a bit golden brown.
3. Add in 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp cooking wine, and 1 1/2 tsp sugar. Stir fry a bit. Pour in hot water covers ribs. Put on the lid and simmer with low heat for 20-30 mins or till water reduces half.
4. Add in potato cubes. Simmer for 10 mins. Then put in long beans. Simmer for another 8-10 mins.
5. Remove the lid. Turn to high heat and reduce the sauce.