This dish needs overnight marinating time. So please prepare one day before you cook it.
Here I used chicken drumsticks.
1. Prepare marinade. In a pot, pour in red wine ( I used about 1/3 bottle, that’s all I have). Turn on the stove and heat it. At the same time, chop one onion, 1 stalk celery and 1 carrot. Put all the vegetables, 3 cloves garlic, cloves and bay leaves in wine. Simmer till reduce to 1/2. Off the heat. Discard the vegetables. Put chicken in a container or a bag. Pour the marinade in. Give Chicken a bit massage and cover with lid. In the fridge for overnight.
2. The next day. Take the chicken out. Chicken will turn dark purple. Season them with salt and pepper. Then dust them with flour.
3. Heat a little olive oil in the pan. Fry chopped onion (big chunk) and mushroom till aromatic. Then set them aside.
4. Fry bacon bits in the same pan. And sear bacon to let the oil out. Take the bacon out and leave the oil.
5. If the bacon oil is too little, you can add some extra olive oil. Next step is to fry flour-covered chicken. Don’t stir them till a nice golden brown layer formed. Make sure the outside flour layer is hard and crispy.
6. Add all the mushroom, onion and bacon back to chicken. Also add in bay leaves. Pour the red wine marinade into the pan. And one small box of stock with 2 or 3 tablespoon tomato paste.
7. Turn to low heat. Cover the lid and let it simmer for 1-1.5 hrs.
Look at the bright color. The chicken is very tender. Mushrooms are very juicy. It’s perfect to go with bread or pasta.